Interrelate has been strengthening family relationships since 1926, and backed by that experience, has embraced the opportunity to provide quality services for the new Family Relationship Centre at Lismore. Our service is run by professionals, who are often parents, carers or grandparents themselves and who care about their community. Our facility has easy ground floor access in the Market Street Community Centre in the heart of Lismore… we invite you to visit our Centre.
The Lismore Family Relationship Centre provides:
- Indigenous services specific to the Lismore area
- a relaxed setting to browse information about relationships and relationship difficulties
- a place where men, women and children can all ask questions and talk comfortably about their family relationships
- relationship information and assessment for separating families and families who are together
- support and assistance that enables parents to focus on the needs of their children during the painful time of separation
- parenting education seminars (including Building Connections) to assist parents unable to communicate other than through a lawyer
- special materials for children – charming sock puppet booklets that explain, in simple language, why their parents are visiting the Centre – the booklets help children understand that relationship difficulties in families are normal and that the Centre will help their parents sort things out
- dispute resolution that helps parents resolve their conflict, get parenting arrangements in writing where necessary and understand how the children’s needs are best included
- quality advice on family relationships, the children’s needs (especially in connection with family separation), and how to deal with family conflict
- referral to other services – including Interrelate’s counselling and mediation services and group programs – according to family needs.
Department of Social Services Disclaimer – the information on this page has been provided by this Family Relationship Centre.